Do different members of your family complain about their crooked smiles? You for one have always wished your teeth were a bit more aligned, but now you’ve noticed that your crooked smile has been affecting your confidence at work. Your teenager also holds back from being social at their new school because they’re embarrassed of their smile. If you and your family are ready to improve your natural smile by straightening teeth, it’s time to find an orthodontist in Livonia that offers orthodontics for all ages.
Advanced Orthodontics for Children, Teens, and Adults
Orthodontics for Children
Typically, you can begin exploring orthodontics for your child by the time they are 7 or 8 years old. By this age, most children have a mix of baby teeth and adult teeth, making it easier for your dentist in Livonia to diagnose and correct tooth and jaw problems that need to be corrected.
Here’s how orthodontic treatment could help your child:
- Correct and guide the growth of the jawbone to create straight, permanent smiles.
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches.
- Prevent any bite issues, like a crossbite, open bite or a deep bite.
- Create more space for crowded teeth.
- Reducing the chance of needing permanent tooth extractions later in life.
- Correct thumb-sucking to avoid any resulting long-term tooth and jaw deformities.
- Help improve minor speech problems resulting from jaw and tooth deformities.
Orthodontics for Teens & Adults
Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for children. But many teenagers and adults dread the thought of having metal fixtures on their teeth. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their dental health, and they want to feel better about the appearance of their smile. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your polished, mature appearance.
Teens and adults make the perfect candidate for other traditional orthodontic alternatives like Invisalign in Livonia, Six Month Smiles, or even masking a crooked smile with porcelain veneers.
When you choose to use any of these systems or treatments, you can experience these benefits:
- Experience an immediate boost in confidence knowing that your orthodontic treatment is practically invisible with Invisalign, Six Month Smiles, and porcelain veneers is an almost immediate fix!
- Enjoy comfortable straightening from custom fit systems or personalized porcelain veneers.
- Have the ability to eat your favorite foods with each treatment.
- Be able to keep your dental routine simple by removing your aligners to brush and floss your natural teeth.
For parents, it’s not always easy to know if your child may need orthodontic treatment. And if your teen talks about wanting a straight smile, it may be time to bring the whole family down to your dentist in Livonia.
Meet the Dentists
The Livonia Dental Group is made of 7 expert dentists with exceptional experience and education. When choosing a practice to help you and your family get the smiles you’ve all always wanted, this is a no brainer. Our team is ready to help you achieve your goals. To reach us, visit here or call (734) 799-0686.