A denture is a fine solution for replacing a complete row of missing teeth, and it’s an approach humans have been using for hundreds of years. But, thanks to advances in technology and the magic of dental implants in Livonia, your dentist can now place a denture that fits like it should from day one and for years to come with a method called All-on-4. If you’re fed up with a loose or uncomfortable denture, or if you are on the brink of losing an entire row of teeth in the upper or lower jaw, keep reading — this blog post is for you.
What Is All-on-4?
Also known as Teeth In a Day, the All-on-4 method allows your implant dentist to secure a complete denture with as few as 4 dental implants, all in less than 24 hours. The prosthetic is fixed, so you do not have to remove it for cleaning or when you sleep at night.
All-on-4 dental implants are placed strategically in the jaw to draw maximum support from the existing bone structure. Because of this, it can often eliminate the need for costly, time-consuming bone graft procedures that would normally be required before getting dental implants.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Dentures
A conventional denture rests on top of your gums and can be uncomfortable or shift around when you eat and speak. It may cause sore spots on the gum tissue and, even when cared for properly, this type of denture needs to be replaced every 5 to 7 years.
A denture retained by dental implants is far more stable and will not slip and slide around in your mouth. Because it stabilizes your jawbone to keep it healthier, All-on-4 can also help you retain your youthful face shape and reduce the need for replacing the denture as the jawbone degenerates or changes shape.
Numerous Benefits of All-on-4
The advantages of having a prosthetic that is retained by dental implants compared to one that rests on your gums are many. Some of the most considerable are listed below.
- All-on-4 restores a patient’s ability to eat a varied and nutritious diet, without the stress of a loose or ill-fitting denture.
- The denture is fixed in the smile, for a more natural appearance.
- Thanks to the strategic placement of each implant, All-on-4 can eliminate the need for bone graft procedures.
- It’s easier to speak clearly and confidently with a stable, secure denture.
- Dental implants promote better oral health by stabilizing the jawbone.
- When cared for properly, the dental implants can last for many years.
- From implant placement to restoration, All-on-4 can be completed in a single day.
Are you interested in stabilizing your loose denture? If so, don’t wait to learn more about All-on-4 from your dentist in Livonia — your smile deserves it!
About the Authors
The Livonia Dental Group is a team of general dentists and implant specialists providing excellent care for families in and around Livonia. To learn more about dental implants or your eligibility for All-on-4, please do not hesitate to get in touch with the office at 734-425-7010.